Homes Unlimited is thrilled to announce the planned retrofit of 693 Talbot Street. The 57-unit building was the first property acquired in the Home Unlimited portfolio. Built in 1960, it joined the Homes Unlimited family in 1972. The building has received regular updates (roofing, windows, etc.) over the years, but the planned retrofit will provide an entirely new face and feel for its tenants. The retrofit design by Nicholson Sheffield Architects Inc. (nicholsonsheffield.ca) includes:
- Site work and landscaping
- Enhanced front entrance
- New exterior windows and cladding
- Replacement roof with improved drainage design
- New flooring and lighting in most common areas
- New elevator
- New heating and new range hood units in all rental units.
The project will be tendered for construction in 2021. Renderings of the design by Nicholson Sheffield Architects Inc.